08:50 Chair’s welcome and opening remarks
Duncan Brock FCIPS, Group Director CIPS
Sam Achampong FCIPS, Regional Head - Middle East and North Africa (MENA), CIPS
Richard McGuire, Vice President - Procurement, EXPO 2020
Representatives from both the public and private sectors will each be delivering a short presentation, followed by a discussion on the innovation and sustainability projects that are taking place that could shape the future of procurement in the MENA region. The session will feature case studies from the region:
- Moderator: Lalit Dhamija, Executive Chairman, CIPS UAE Branch Committees
- Supply Chain Sustainability, what is in it for Procurement
Professionals in The Middle East?
Samer Almadhoun, Managing Director, Muhakat
Hani M. Alsaigh, Technical Procurement General Manager, Saudi Telecom Company
Christopher Harvey, Head of Procurement, KAUST
Raman Singh, Head of Procurement, Dabur International
Abdul Rahman Al Ameri, Specialist, Procurement Performance Management, Planning, Strategy & Control Unit, ADNOC
Mona Balalaa, Specialist Group Procurement Operations, ADNOC
Mohamed Al Yafei, Contract Engineer, ADNOC
Meera Al Honsan, Acting Material Manager, ADNOC
11.30 Creating innovation in your global supply chain in today's volatile business climate
It is becoming increasingly important for organisations to become the primary advocates for finding new ways of extracting value from their supply chains and ensure that they have the right skills and expertise to support new product development.
- Spend analysis - Leveraging
data to derive fresh insights
- Ways to Create Innovation in Your Supply Chain
procurement, finance and HR departments be better aligned to achieve business
- How can all stakeholders in the procurement process be involved in building strong and trusted relationships with suppliers?
- What are the key considerations for stakeholder and customer engagement?
why a successful CPO needs to align more closely with business leading
Moderator: Jason Brown, SVP Procurement, GEMS Education
Ambrath Vijayanarayanan, Chief Officer – Procurement, UAE General Civil Aviation Authority
Mina Hakim, General Manager Group Procurement, Al Futtaim Group
Saeed Al Ghafri, VP Supply Chain Management, Emirates Steel
Abdullatif Albastaki, SVP Group Procurement, Emirates NBD
Nawaf Al Zahrani, General Manager Global Procurement Services, SABIC
Breakout session A: Digital Masterclasses - Mapping the Pathway to Digitization
14:00 Masterclass - Technology in Procurement
We all talk about disruptive technology but who’s actually using it and does procurement have the right skill sets to manage? How to balance risk versus speed and agility with technology as an enabler.
Duncan Brock FCIPS, Group Director CIPS
14.40 Masterclass - Getting the most out of your e-procurement platform to foster innovation and efficiency
- Understanding the benefits of e-procurement and ERP systems to allow automation at a global level, streamline procurement and reduce time and costs
- Overcoming challenges of implementing e-procurement and gaining buy-in from all stakeholders
- Case Studies on SMART Government and also private sector strategies and technologies for improving procurement processes
- Does a universal e-tendering and
procurement platform have a future in the region to aid information sharing and
Breakout Session B: Masterclasses – Upskilling Your Procurement Leaders
- Skills for powerful procurement negotiations
It is becoming increasingly important for procurement professionals to enhance their business skills in negotiation and supplier and customer engagement as the role becomes more people facing. Procurement managers will also need to strengthen their analytical skills to further enhance negotiations. This masterclass will enable you to:
- Effectively negotiate deals with suppliers through planning and preparing effectively
- Understand and implement a variety of negotiation and sales techniques
- Building trust with negotiations both internally and with suppliers
methods for benchmarking and documenting your agreements
Cath Hill MBA, Group Director, CIPS
14.40 Idea Swap: Successs stories in recruitment, training and retention to develop nextgen procurement leaders
This panel will consist of regional experts and some of the CIPS MENA 2017 award winners – They will tell their stories on how their careers have changed in the last 12 months, what new processes and technologies have they implemented?
- What skills and training is needed to become a successful procurement professional?
- Salary Survey for Procurement professionals
- What robust
recruitment processes need to be in place to ensure you attract and retain the
next generation of procurement leaders
Moderator: Sulaiman Pallak, Global Purchasing
& Supply Chain, GM Middle East
Waleed Saeed Al Saeedi, Procurement Director, Department of Culture and Tourism Abu Dhabi
Levent Topcu, Head of Procurement, Turkcell
Cory Thwaites, Executive Director Procurement, Tecom
Jason Brown, SVP Procurement, GEMS Education
Lisa Campbell, Procurement Director, University of Sharjah
16:00 Round table discussions
Practical round table sessions, designed to increase your knowledge and provide real solutions for some of the most critical issues the industry is facing. These sessions will run for 1 hour giving you an option to change tables every 20 minutes and will be led by industry experts.
Topic 1: Redefining Procurement through
Blockchain Strategies and Contracts
You will be given an overview of Blockchain Strategies and how it can improve transparency in transactions as well as discussing Smart contracts and their benefits, real-time intelligence, predictive analytics, and ultimately meeting growth and risk objectives.
Dr. Terence Craig Voortman, Supply Chain Logistics Research Scientist, National Center of Excellence in Supply Chain & Logistics, Royal Commission Yanbu, KSA
Topic 2: Using Automation for Smarter
Procurement professionals are continuing to be measured on how efficiently and effectively they can reduce costs but also add value with selecting suppliers that contribute to innovation and differentiation. This discussion will outline how automation can help manage supplier relationships, optimize ordering, offer transparency on spending and improve efficiency.
Sidhant Dhamija, Managing Director, Synertrade
Topic 3: How to Optimize Procurement Performance
through Big Data
This discussion will outline how Big data can be used to support corporate decision-making processes as well as assess sources of data across the organisation and ensure you have the analytical capabilities to provide real-time updates and insights. Cyber security of data and risk assessment will also be discussed.
Sulaiman Pallak, Global Purchasing & Supply Chain, GM Middle East Operations
Topic 4: Effective Supplier Relationship Management
Effective Supplier Relationship management strategies/systems will be outlined – building relationships and contracts that work effectively and add value to a business regional perspective, how can SRM add value to your organization?
Duncan Brock, Group Director, CIPS
Topic 5: Creating Diversity - Why Empowering Young graduates, Millennials and Women is Good for Business and how to recruit and retain exceptional talent
- Why creating diversity in your company leads to a more diverse and innovative supplier base
- Successful leadership programs – how women can be empowered and supported to become a CPO
- Using emotional intelligence to successfully nurture and develop your workforce - what are the right qualities to become a successful procurement professional and CPO?
- Strategies for recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce
Hill, Group Marketing Director, CIPS